Requirements for Recorded Documents
- Document Format
- Document must have original signatures, notarization and/or certification
- Document must be clearly readable and reproducible
- Font Requirements: no less in size than Calibri 12 point
- Up to legal size (8 ½ inches by 14 inches); no additional fees based on the size of the paper
- 2 inch top margin; 1 inch right hand, left hand and bottom margins suggested to accommodate 1 inch recording label
- May be double-sided; however, each side counts as a page to calculate fees
- While cover letters are not required, they are appreciated as they contain excellent contact information which is very helpful to the staff
- A Wyoming Statement of Consideration (PDF) disclosing the financial information of the transaction must accompany each deed. It's the buyer's responsibility to fully complete the Statement which is a confidential document used by the County Assessor to determine market value of all property in the county. Additional Information on Statements of Considerations (PDF) is available. Documents must be clearly readable and reproducible.
- Names must be printed or typed under all signatures except notaries and witnesses.
- Documents must be acknowledged in accordance with Wyoming law.
- Document type should be in the document title.
- Some documents cannot be recorded; such as stocks, bonds, money, vital records, passports, citizenship papers, copyrights, and patent.