The Board of Commissioners of Converse County, Wyoming, are implementing a partial fire ban effective August 1, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. The partial fire ban will be effective until October 16, 2017 at 12:00 a.m.
The partial fire ban has the following prohibitions and/or restrictions:
All outdoor and open fires and the discharge of fireworks within the unincorporated areas of Converse County, Wyoming, are prohibited except as provided below:
- Gas and charcoal fires within enclosed grills;
- Use of acetylene cutting torches and/or electric are welders in cleared areas ten (10) feet in radius; fire suppression or fire guard must be on site.
- Propane and open fire branding activities in cleared areas ten (10) feet in radius.
- Trash and refuse fires between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., where such fires are contained inside of containers, are attended, and are provided with spark arresters and located within a cleared area ten (10) feet in radius;
- Controlled burns for range improvements, but only with the written permission of the County Fire Warden.