Clint Becker, Sheriff
Sheriff Clint Becker was elected in 2006. He became the 21st Sheriff of Converse County when he took office in January of 2007. Sheriff Becker has lived in Douglas since 1986 and served for 20 years with the Wyoming State Highway Patrol.
- Mail shall not contain correspondence for inmates other than for the inmate whose name appears on the envelope. No correspondence from other correctional institutes unless approved by the Detention Lieutenant. No institutional floor plans.
- Inmates shall not request another person to forward correspondence beyond the immediate addressee.
- Inmate's name and the addressee's return name and address must appear on the front of the envelope.
- Books, magazines, and newspapers must be received directly from the publisher and pass approval of the Sergeant.
- Only self-sticking postage stamps will be accepted, but not given directly to the inmate. They will be attached to the inmate’s mail log and applied to outgoing mail by a Detention Officer.
- Blank envelopes, blank paper, personal check, coins, jewelry, plastic items, and food are prohibited.
- Stickers, inkpad stamps or white out are not allowed in or on the envelope or letter.
- These items shall not be enclosed in the envelope: writing/drawing instruments, newspaper and magazine clippings, small pamphlets, handmade drawings or letters (in marker, highlighter, crayon or colored pencil) glitter, cloth material, ribbons or homemade cards that have items glued to it.
- Sexually explicit material or pornographic in nature (nudity) is prohibited.
- No material that threatens or is detrimental to the security, good order, or discipline of the facility.
- Correspondence that is in code or gang related material is prohibited.
- No foreign substance; such as lipstick, perfume and bodily fluids is allowed in or on any mail item.
- Polaroid (self-developing) photos are prohibited. Internet print outs of jokes, stories, e-mails etc. is limited to more than 3 sheets.
- No felt marker, gel, or glitter pens to be used on the letter or envelope.
- “No Contact” of person(s) by order of the court or request of that person(s).
- All on-site visitors must check in at the booking window with a valid photo ID.
- Visits can be scheduled a maximum of 14 days out.
- Visitors that have scheduled visits will get reminders sent to their email from Securus along with their PIN number and which terminal to use if they are visiting on-site.
- There is a 5-minute buffer between visits. Visitors can check in 5 minutes early for their visit. The visit will start on time and finish exactly 20 minutes after the scheduled start time. We do not control this as the system makes the schedule. If the visitor is late, they will not get the full 20 minute visit. All visits are 20 minutes long.
- Inmates are allotted two visits per week.
- Unlimited during the allowed scheduled times.
- 24-hour buffer time